Tuesday 2 June 2009

Chartreuse Watch

Its one of those things you either love or hate.

For years I struggled to explain my favourite colour to people: 'its like a bright, olive-green', or 'acid yellowish', but always had to conclude with 'kind of...'.

Only recently did I come across its proper nomenclature: chartreuse.

Yes, chartreuse, that obscure colour sitting somewhere between green and yellow.

It may not sound appealing, and I certainly wouldn't want to paint my bedroom in it, but I am always attracted by flashes of this unusual colour.

Imagine my joy when I stumbled across this picture on Judy's blog (Atlantis Home):

The slice of chartreuse in between the soles really lifts the shoe, takes it from something rather staid to decidedly funky.

As such items of desire as the above are a rarity and only exist for me in the cyber world, I'll be keeping a track of them on this blog.

I'm now officially on the lookout for a high-street version. You know what they say, if the shoe fits...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment